In Xanadu do as the Romans do.

In Xanadu do as the Romans do.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

THE PLAN


The plan is this: (I just need a plan or I'll forget to ever do anything. I'll just lie in bed with a vibrator watching Merlin or something. I don't actually own vibrator though- maybe I should buy one? I know some of them are like $145 but there must be cheap ones around. Basically what I'm saying is Mum; this is my creative outlet AWAY from family so just go away, please. Follow me on tumblr and twitter- isn't that enough? You see me EVERY DAY.)PS I never ever post on tumblr so like, dear people, follow me for the novelty if you want- like I follow Sean Lock on twitter but yeah. Expect nothing. So in order what I actually WRITE and shit here is my blogspot schedule:

 Monday: Study advice, complaints and questions. Because school sux and university isn't easy.

Tuesday: Review of something everyone should know about. Like a TV show or a Book or a Movie or a product. Or even a religion.

Wednesday: Music. The music that's been in my SOUL all week.

Thursday: Politics or just What Been Done Happening and This Be My Opinion WORD

Friday: This will be when I post my collab Comic with Lily Paris West but this won't be ready to even start until at least a month from now so I guess I'll do a vlog or post a Short Story instead. It's gonna be fabulous- about two teen sisters with magic powers but I haven't written much and I can't draw so like. I don't even know if Lily has the time but I kind of NEED HER. So yeah hang out for that but you'll have to put up with my stories till then. I try really hard to be Robert Shearman but eh. I'm just. Not.



Yeah Rob love of my life.


 ewwwkay today is Thursday so like... lemme get started on politics.

(this will be changed)

Sort of. I can't... really get worked up tonight? Also I've already written a LOT and writing is stressful to poor wee internet reader. So in Thursday's to some I'll provide interesting and insightful thoughts on stuff. Today it's just a little feminism. Next week I will do a long "Here are my views on race and feminism' because race needs to be talked about if I plan to talk about feminism, and it weeks to come I'll expand on the shit I've written tonight, among other things. So forgive  me and don't quote anything I say tonight.


 I am a feminist and a super proud one who is also a fashion person. Not a clothes person; a fashion person. Clothes people are very different. As a human at least three things I read a day make me roll my eyes and as a feminist this increases by 67.2%. I am constantly getting annoyed over "Make me a sandwich" jokes and FUCKING MEN YELLING AT ME FROM THERE FUCKING CARS OH MY GAWD GET OVER YOURSELVES AND GO HAVE A CRYWANK . So men and women everyday make a comment or do something that challenges the idea of what feminism is. I think writing can be off putting to people so today I'm just going to deal with the typical statements that I get all the time and how I feel about them and next week I'll actually write something intelligent...

Typical dick: "You can't be a feminist. Look at you- you're dressed like a pinup model."
Self respect man. I love myself. I am actually incredibly vain; and most days my aim in style is '90s goddess meets Medieval Sorceress but YES GODAMM I love fashion and like most plus size girls I find refuge in  lingerie and red lipstick. And not even approaching the subject of assault and rape It is so disrespectful that someone would even try to out you in a personalty box based on how you dress: I know first impressions matter but often I get the 'FEMINISTS CAN'T LIKE FASHUN thing after I've explicitly expressed I am a feminist. Like grrrrr. That's like "I'm Jewish." Well, soz but you haven't got Payot so I don't think so. Freedom of speech is a basic human right; as is, I believe, freedom of thought. Every time you say I can't do one thing or it negates another you're undermining me and it's annoying.

Typical dick: "I'm not a feminist."
But. It isn't like you have to be Riot Grrrl and into Punk and a lesbian and man hating. Do you want equality? Please tell me you do.

Typical Dick: "Feminism isn't necessary in this day and age."
Because? Putting aside the West- where in theory everything is equal between white men and women  (it isn't but even putting that aside) have you ever turned on the television, read the paper, like maybe browsed twitter? Feminism is entwined in religion and race and it is so important. Ignorance is no excuse. I have mentioned on this blog I am basically atheist despite some spiritual/Wiccan things what I do but I'm all in favour of Religion as long as it isn't needlessly hurtful. And so much of religion is needlessly hurtful... and it isn't okay. More than feminism is needed to change peoples attitudes and build a better future but it's important that feminism is out there.

Typical Dick: "Girls belong in the kitchen."
Oh grow up.

 Kay from now on I am definitely saying 'beeped' instead of 'texted':
 Me:I just got Beeped.
 Me: Awwww Yeeeaaah.



<3



xx Nico

No comments:

Post a Comment